To Media representatives
Genetically Engineered (GE) Foods
We suggest you read the list before looking into "More".
also called GMO foods
- Animals have become seriously ill or died from GE foods
- Hazardous genes from GE foods can become inserted into your own genes.
- An unexpected poison in a GE food supplement killed 37 persons. The poison was not discovered because careful search for unexpected harmful substances was not made.
- Unexpected dangerous substances may be present in GE foods. This is because the procedure for assessing the safety of GE foods is not designed to detect them. Most of soy and corn products in the US and Canada are GE and labeling is not required there. Organic products are reliably GE-free.
- Top researchers confirm that the results of genetic engineering are unpredictable. This is why unexpected harmful substances may appear in GE food.
- Scientists are being harassed if they tell the truth about GMO hazards. Research on GMO hazards is being suppressed and negative research reports have been destroyed. Scientist who say GMO-foods are safe are not seldom lying out of fear of becoming unemployed and unable to get any new research job. Read the alarming stories.
These are just a few of the alarming facts about GMO foods. For more, click here.
For returning visitors: direct link to our main page
If you are a newcomer, we recommend you to read the information below.
What is genetic engineering?
Common special terms
Genetically Engineered (GE) = Genetically Modified (GM)
GMO= Genetically Modified Organisms = Genetically Engineered Organisms = Transgenic organisms.
GE foods are often incorrectly called GMO foods (should be GM foods).
What foods are genetically engineered?
Many common foods are, including: Corn, Soy, Wheat, Canola, Tomato
, Sugar beet - (all kinds of sugar)
, Flax (linseed)
, Oilseed rape, Alfalfa.
All of these, and products made of them, including common infant feeds, may contain unexpected harmful substances.
And remember, in the US, the GE foods are not labeled.
For details go to: "GE foods on the market"
Introduction to our website
In order to make it easy for you to rapidly get a good idea about the issue, we have created an introduction in steps with increasing amounts of detail at each step.
Our main conclusions at a glance
Commercial application of genetical engineering for production of foods cannot be scientifically justified and carries with it unpredictable and potentially serious consequences.
The knowledge about the genes and how they work is too incomplete to make it possible to predict and understand all consequences of genetic engineering.
The reasons are as follows:
The knowledge about the health safety of GE foods is seriously incomplete.
The knowledge about the environmental safety of GE organisms is seriously incomplete.
It has been scientifically established that unexpected effects can occur from genetic engineering that are hazardous to health and the surroundings.
Science has established that there is no need for GE organisms for feeding the world or solving nutritional deficiency problems.
Food biotechnology perpetuates environmentally unsustainable industrial agriculture. It is based on chemicals of various kinds that are demonstratedly harmful to health and to the environment.
On the following pages you will find more details explaining our position.
To step two
Visit also our website "Mobile Phone Safety"
Physicians and Scientists for Responsible Application of
Science and Technology (PSRAST)
To step two